Blog writing or blogging is simply writing on a topic or interest and publishing it on your own website.
Why create a blog
1. It is a profitable venture
2. Blog writing is fast becoming the easiest way to disseminate information or spread news, stories, or gossips.
3. Since you own the site, it provides the best avenue for you to express yourself as you wish.
4. It trains you to become an excellent writer.
How to create your own blog
1. Choose a blogging platform: There are many available platforms. However, WordPress, a widely used platform with about 82 million active users is highly recommended because of its many advantages such as free usage, numerous designs, layouts, plugins and add-ons, it is easy to set up. Other platforms are Blogger, Tumblr, Drupal etc.
2. Pay for hosting or choose a free one: Depending on how serious you are about blogging, you can decide to pay for hosting your blog or use a free alternative. However, free blogs like WordPress Tumblr and Blogger has their disadvantages. For instance you can’t have your own domain name only something like “yourblog.blogspot.com”, you won’t be able to use WordPress free themes, you can’t upload videos and pictures, even worse you can lose your blog any time since it is hosted by someone else.
With just about $5 to $10 per month, you can get a self-hosted blog on the other hand which gives you a lot of right as the real owner of the blog. You can create the blog in your own name such as “yourname.com” which can be ended with any web suffix such as .net, .org, .co.uk etc.
3. Start blogging (self-hosted blog): For a WordPress blog, you are ready to start blogging after you must have chosen a domain name and a hosting plan with any hosting company. Hosting providers could cost about $2.5 per month or less and domain name could cost about $10 to $15 per year. Most hosting sites have a “one-click” WordPress installed in the admin panel.
To start blogging, simply go to your WP-Admin page and add new post.
4. Once WordPress is installed on your website, all you have to do to start blogging is go to your WP-Admin page usually www.yourblognamehere.com/wp-admin and start writing by adding a new post.
5. Design your blog (WordPress): You can chose how you want your blog to look. Go to Appearance then Themes to install a free WordPress theme. You can alternatively buy a theme in ThemeForest.net for around $40 or buy 37 themes for just $99 on WPZOOM.